The harsh winter weather can wreak havoc on your hair, stripping it of its natural moisture. Follow our tips to ensure you have shiny, healthy hair all year long!
1) Invest in a high-quality moisturising shampoo and conditioner and treat yourself to a deep conditioning treatment once a week, to help replenish the moisture lost in the cold winter air. Leave
conditioner in for 5 minutes when showering so it has time to soak into your hair.
2) Use dehumidifying spray – an antifrizz spray is a real help for people who are in a constant battle over frizzy hair, as it acts as a barrier between your hair and the surrounding moisture in the air
3) Minimise damage as much as possible when styling – Glamoriser dryers use ionic technology to get rid of frizz & fly-aways and smooth the hair to lock in moisture & shine. This ensures hair is still radiant and smooth even during the winter months. This is ideal as winter season is also party season meaning hair needs to look at its best.
4) Ensure you regularly get your hair trimmed – This one may be obvious but it will ensure to rid of dead ends and keep your hair in good health. Aim to do this every 6-8 weeks if you can.
5) Rinse the ends of hair in cold water – Dipping the ends of your hair in cold water after washing seals and closes the hair cuticles. This will help to avoid split ends – and keeps it looking shinier and sleeker.
6) Hair accessories – to avoid being battered with gale-force winds en route to work – wear a hat!
Although this may bring about the dreaded ‘hat hair’, this can be solved by making sure you pack a
volumizing spray with you. If the thought of hat hair is just too painful you could alternatively consider wearing a snood or wrapping a nice silk scarf around your hair. A silk head wrap underneath the cotton hat will also act as a barrier to protect hair from the roughness of the wool, and decrease static and fly-away strands.