Salon Europe Ltd & Salon Europe (GmbH) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notification sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR), and other applicable legislation, Salon Europe Ltd, including all subsidiaries, is a controller and our contact details are:
Salon Europe Ltd
27 Furnival Street
Salon Europe GmbH
Hausinger Strasse 4
Our Group Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify a living individual. When contracting with us for our services, we collect your name, address and contact details and bank details. In addition we may process your personal data for the following –
- We may process information that you provide to us so Salon Europe Ltd can inform you about future offers, and keep you informed about our services. We may process your contact history, purchase history and saved items;
- information from social media accounts you link to us (e.g. Facebook);
- information to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks on you if we provide you with any form of credit or purchases on account;
- Information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems;
- your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions;
Source of Information
We may receive and process information about you from:
- yourself (data you provide)
- ourselves (data we generate)
- Third party retail platforms such as Amazon
Our lawful basis for processing this data is:
- our contract with you for the provision of our services and products;
- our legal obligations (including our obligations under the Finances Act 1998)
- Our Legitimate Interest in the performance of a B2B contract with you, where applicable.
The consequences for you if we are unable to process this data would be:
we would not be able to continue to provide the product or services or would not be able to provide the same quality of after sales service.
Any data related to payments between us will be retained for 7 years to conform with our legal obligations regarding record keeping under the Finance Act 1998.
Other data may be kept for up to 7 years from termination of the contract in case there are queries, unless you request that we delete the data beforehand.
To the extent that is necessary to meet our legal obligations and manage and satisfy our contract with you, your data may be shared with:
- Our Software and IT providers
- Bankers & payment providers
- Other Professional Advisors (at your request)
- Group Companies & Subsidiaries
- Logistics companies
Uses made of the information
We use information hold about you in the following ways:
- to communicate with you
- to provide the contracted services and or products.
Disclosure of your information
Where we may occasionally be required to disclose certain information to additional third parties. We will disclose data only when and to the extent that we have a legal obligation to do so.
Such third parties may include:
- law enforcement (by warrant or subpoena)
- courts, tribunals, or other judicial bodies
You have the qualified right to request: Access to and Porting of your data; Rectification or Erasure of the data; Restriction of processing or to Object to the processing.
Transfer outside the UK
We do not currently transfer or store your Personal Data outside the UK or European Economic Area
Should such transfers become necessary, appropriate lawful transfer mechanisms will be implemented this policy will be updated with details of the transfers, and appropriate safeguards implemented.
At the conclusion of all relevant retention periods, physical documents containing your personal data will be shredded, and all personal data held electronically will be deleted or anonymised and or turned into statistical or analytical data.
You can exercise your rights in relation to the personal data collected on this website at any time by using the postal address above or by contacting email@example.com
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your data in accordance with the law, you can contact a National Data Protection Authority which, in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Reviewing of this Privacy Notice
In the future, we may revise this privacy notice and make changes, if necessary. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on this website or by sending you an email, if you have provided with that.